A Note from Justice Mary Yu
The candidate filing deadline passed without any challenger filing to run against me this year, meaning I will be unopposed on the ballot in 2022 (insert applause here!). Thank you all so much for your efforts to help achieve this great outcome.
All of you who supported, endorsed, attended, or hosted events played a critical role. Your efforts made a real difference, and I am grateful for your friendship and support.
I’ll continue meeting with voters and participating in community events right up through election day, to bring attention to the importance of turning out to vote in this election, and to increasing understanding about our court and the decisions we make. I’d welcome you also helping to raise awareness for this year’s judicial races, and encouraging everyone you know to vote. Our democracy depends on active and informed voters.
Thank you again for the opportunity to serve another term on our state’s highest court. I am honored to be able to continue the work of helping to ensure that our courts protect fundamental rights and that every individual who comes through our judicial system is treated with respect, dignity, and fairness.
Justice Mary Yu
Endorse Justice Mary Yu and optionally volunteer to support the campaign (opens in separate website)
Ready to donate?
Donate to the Retain Justice Mary Yu campaign (opens in separate website)
Share your memories
We are collecting your favorite photos and videos of Justice Yu to be used in a collage or other ways during the campaign. Share your memories!
ABOUT MARY YU
- Justice of the Washington State Supreme Court since 2014
- Trial court judge for 14 years on the King County Superior Court
- Co-Chair of the WA Supreme Court Rules Committee
- Chair of the Public Trust and Confidence Committee, Board for Judicial Administration
- Co-Chair of the Washington State Minority and Justice Commission
- Distinguished Jurist in Residence and Instructor at Seattle University School of Law
- Co-Chair of the Leadership Institute of the University of Washington and Washington State Bar Association
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- 2022 Loren Miller Bar Association Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2022 QLaw Bar Association President's Award
- 2021 Seattle University School of Law established the Justice Mary I. Yu Endowed Scholarship
- 2020 Latina/o Bar Association of Washington CZ Smith Trailblazer Award
- 2019 Crosscut Courage in Elected Office Award
- 2019 Established Leader Pride Award, City of Seattle
- 2018 Voice of Social Justice Award from the Greater Seattle Business Association
- 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award from Northwest Asian Weekly
- 2016 Daniel K. Inouye Trailblazer Award from the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- 2016 Imagine Justice Award from Columbia Legal Services
- 2016 Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree from Whitman College, Walla Walla, Washington
- 2016 Seattle Women's Pride, Luminary Award
View full awards list
About Justice Yu
Paid for by Retain Justice Mary Yu
P.O. Box 21961
Seattle, WA 98111